Recovery Coaching is about:
- Rebuilding recovery capital in the physical, mental, emotional, social & spiritual areas of your life.
- Developing a personalised recovery plan in line with your unique goals, dreams & aspirations.
- Setting achievable, long-term goals and developing short-term action plans to achieve them within predetermined time frames.
- Identifying harmful triggers that could result in lapse or relapse, and learning to deal with these issues in daily life with the use of forward-focused and solutions-driven tools and techniques.
- Learning about the physiological and neurological elements of substance and behavioural abuse disorders, and what the major causes of addiction.
- Understanding and challenging faulty, habitual thought patterns & behaviours, and replacing them with improved ways of dealing with potentially difficult situations.
- Establishing realistic, personal boundaries to build strong, interdependent relationships in your personal and professional life.
- Finding the answers to your personal truth and living an empowered, authentic life.
- Working in a collaborative, accountable relationship with a coach to achieve a more balanced, holistic approach to long-term wellness.
- Creating a safe space to explore possibilities and the availability of personal and community resources to aid sustained recovery.
Recovery Coaching is not about:
- Treating addiction…recovery coaching operates within the wellness paradigm and is not addiction treatment.
- Revisiting the past and the causes of addiction…it’s about moving forward in a solutions’-driven, goal-orientated way.
- Being given advice and answers to your questions…you have all the answers you need inside yourself.
- Being told what to do and how to do it…the long-term goals you choose and short-term plans you make will be your own.
- Holding onto guilt, shame & anger…it’s about letting go of the past, embracing forgiveness and learning to live in the present.