Besides the excitement and fun, there are many great benefits to youth volunteering and giving back to the community. Among others, some benefits of volunteering include: Youth developing a career path, building self-esteem, gaining empathy, increasing social relationships, giving a sense of purpose and gaining valuable work experience.
The objective of the Outreach Foundation Youth Volunteer Program is to actively promote a mutually rewarding relationship between youth volunteers (who offer their talents, skills and time) and Outreach Foundation by offering voluntary on-the-job learning that will contribute to the developmental work of the organization and effectively prepare youth for future occupation.
As an OF youth volunteer, we commit to:
- to assign you to a meaningful task that contributes to your development and our mission.
- to treat you with respect and as a valued team member.
- to give supervision, training and feedback on your work.
- to give feedback, share ideas or concerns.
- to refuse any work which is not safe, or you do not feel comfortable doing.
- to include you in a youth leadership camp.
- to provide you with an on-the-job learning experience to prepare you for future occupations.
-Skills Training Manager